This was a fun week and a half project… When my wife’s uncle past away 3 years ago, the family had to empty his house and my father in law stumble across a few burls and this stand. He brought them back and gave them to me for me to do something with. I waited quite a while before I got to it, but I think the wait was worth it. I started this project last week and I made a small video of the process..
I started by cleaning the saw marks with a very sharp plane removing very thin shavings, then I had to remove all the leftover bark. smoothed the surface with card scraper and sander, used dowells to assemble the top to the stand so there is no exposed fastener and coated it with Tung oil.
Now my family and I have this great addition to our living room..
- See more at: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/139802#sthash.GTnmi8i6.dpuf
-- Tomy Hovington