Well, the big day is finally here. Upholstering the seat.
I have to tell you that I have never done this before. I just watched some youtube videos. So I’m no expert.
Therefore I will not go into detail since I may have it wrong.
Here are my supplies. Cotton batting on the right. Some blue foam for the seats. The roll covering material at the back of the table and a roll of cambric to cover up my mess. (I didn’t take a picture of the 1/2” foam for the seat backs). And lastly the seats and seat backs.
Here I’ve stapled and foam to the seat and tore off a piece of batting to size. On the left is the material.
After about a 1/2 an hour fussing with it here is my first one covered. Not quite as even and uniform as I hoped for, but not bad for my first attempt.
The show side. I found out later that massaging it will even out the unevenness.
And then the cambric fabric to cover up my mess.
Here’s how I mount them using the holes I have already drilled into the seat corner blocks. I use 1/4-20 screws.
And finally a fully covered and installed seat! 7 More to go. I hope to get better as I go!
Next I will finish up with the seat backs. Then I will be ready to more on to the table!
-- Gary - Never pass up the opportunity to make a mistake look like you planned it that way - Tyler, TX