These aprons seem to take forever. 32 pieces. 8 fronts, and backs each a different length and 8 sides each for the left and right side of the chair. Also those sides each have a different length and angle of tenon..
If you remember, I told you that I left the tenons long. I want as much glue surface on them as I can get. I could have one tenon long and the other short to that they don’t collide in the mortise, or do what I did in the following picture. Miter them. That will give them both the same glue surface and one of the faces the full length of the tenon.
I’m not trying to get the mitered ends to meet up perfectly since that would just be a weak end grain joint. So precision isn’t that critical. I just use the band saw to cut the angles at 45 degrees. For the angles tenons I just add or subtracted 8 degrees to get the 45. That’s a total of 64 cuts!
To add an nice feature the the aprons I added an profile to the bottom edge. Here you can see the templates for the front, back and sides sitting on the top of the stack. I have already traced the pattern on the sides and did a rough cut on the bandsaw.
Then I made a simple little jig to clamp the parts for machining. I just line up the bottom edges on each end of the template to the stock and clamp it. Using my cool compression flush trim router bit again.
Here you see the fruits of my labor. All the aprons finally done!
Lastly I couldn’t resist putting together some pieces!
It’s nice to see a project coming together as you envisioned it.
Next there will be some hand fitting work.
-- Gary - Never pass up the opportunity to make a mistake look like you planned it that way - Tyler, TX