For the time being the legs are all done. Both mortises are in all 16 legs.
Now I’m just gluing up some material for the knee blocks to glue to the legs. You’ll see more about this later.
I cut up the material for the chair sides (apron). I need something to attach the legs together, right?
Here are the 32 pieces for the job. Three different lengths. The front of the chair is wider than the back so a long piece for the front and a shorter piece for the back. Then two pieces for the sides.
Doesn’t look like 48 linear feet of lumber does it?
Here is my plan showing the top view of the seat from the side. The front is on the right and the back is to the left.
There is an 8 degree angle from front to back.
The sides will have to have an 8 degree tenon on both ends.
That’s where a tenoning jig comes in handy. I got this a long time ago also. About the same time as the sander.
If I didn’t happen to have a tenoning jig, I would have just made something to do the job. I have it. so I’m using it.
I set the angle to 8 degrees and made a test piece
Got lucky the first time on the angle. It was perfect.
Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to make sure all the pieces are all the correct lengths. This is the first time for me cutting angles tenons, so I’ll have to think about it for a while before I start cutting for real.
-- Gary - Never pass up the opportunity to make a mistake look like you planned it that way - Tyler, TX