Well, I decided to use epoxy after all, and it seems like it’s going to give the desired effect. I put a quart of epoxy on it for the first coat because I didn’t want it all to just run off the sides. After it dries I will put another quart on. It was surprisingly easy to work with, and had a pretty lengthy drying time. I used a flat block of wood to spread an even coat, and a foam brush to do the side parts. I ran a propane torch over the surface to take out the bubbles, which did an awesome job. I am very pleased with how it’s turning out.
|This blog is written by Fridgecritter | 4 entries so far|
The bench is almost done! I added another plywood layer to each of the legs for support, and I ad...
Working out of my garage, I have been thinking about solutions to my dust problem. I made a power...
I started this project because I saw a really cool contemporary rocking bench on the internet, an...