Hi there, this weekend another project got my attention for a couple of hours so I guess I’ll need another weekend to finish the guitar.
So, I could only glue the fingerboard to the neck and apply the first hand of polycrylic finish but I’m almost at the end of the project, yeah!
Getting ready for the fingerboard gluing:
This time I went with yellow glue to have more time to set the clamps, it worked as expected
An hour later, after cleaning some glue run-outs the neck is ready:
Getting ready for the first hand of polycrylic, the top of the fingerboard is taped with scotch tape to avoid poly getting on it:
First hand of polycrylic applied, as I wanted it to go as smooth as possible I used a small piece of foam as a brush.
An hour later the first hand is sanded lightly to level and is ready for the next hand, I ‘ll apply 2 more hands in the week:
Things left to do:
Another 2 hands of polycrylic, nut and bridge setup, piezo pickup, volume pot and this beauty will be ready for the blues ;)
-- Learning one thing at a time