I’ve been working some insane hours, and thankfully, I’ve managed to take a few days off to recouperate and re-focus for the next week or two, which could be just as nasty.
The other night I went down to the shop to get some work done, and realized that I needed to do some cleanup. I spent a bunch of time getting tools put away, sharpened, and tuned. After reading this review to my bandsaw, I decided to make a modification to the saw that I had wanted to do for some time now. I removed a baffle between the lower wheel and the vaccum port. This increased the dust collection efficiency by 40%-50%. I also cleaned the table, checked it for square to the blade, and adjusted all the guides. It’s ready to rip the boards for the top now.
I’ve moved machines for optimal workflow, and tried to consiider where rough lumber, oversize pieces, and final pieces will be stacked and how they will be labelled. I removed all the tripping hazards scatted about the garage such as tricycles, hockey sticks, and lacross balls, left lovingly by my sons. While this might not be the most exciting post you see on theis blog, I think it’s essential, at least for me, to do some planning on how one’s shop is going to work for them on a big project. It also serves as a “hard reset” and a point of focus for the start of the build.
Hopefully my next post will be more interesting.
-- - If my wife asks, I got ALL of my tools on sale.