Well, the painter has taken the tape and paper down, and all thats left is to put the nobs and hardware back on, and its done!
This project taught me so much, I learned about cutting corners (both literally and cost wise) and I got a new table saw out of it mid way through, painted it, scraped all the paint off because It didn’t stick, then built the second half, then decided to add floor to ceiling wainscoting to match the entertainment center, then we decided to build a mantel to go over the molded concrete fireplace surround. All said and done, there are a few things that I wish I would have done differently but I learned so much from this project and now its done.
Man I thought this was going to be a breeze, after all, I’ve built a few bookcases, what’s the difference, it shouldn’t be hard, just a few hours in the shop, and some plywood… HA!
Top shelf with recessed lighting, the switch is hidden behind the face frame
I should say that we plan to put a nice dark slate stone in the fireplace surround, it has a spot that is basically designed for 3 12×12 tiles to be placed there. I think the dark slate color will help offset the vast whiteness.
I don’t have it marked as done because we still need to touchup the wall paint around where we caulked it (boy did I learn about calking on this project…)