|Blog series by FlashG||updated 08-13-2015 12:13 PM||7 parts||15311 reads||13 comments total|
These are the first couple of photos from my attempts to renovate my new garage. The previous owner didn’t have it set up well so I’m filling in gaps, sanding, priming, painting, moving, removing, organising and eventually creating! But there’s a long way to go before then. My tools should arrive this week so I’ll try and get the walls primed and painted, then I’ll be able to set up the tools properly.
First couple of stages done. Looks heaps better but still got a lot to do.
Yesterday, I took delivery of almost every one of my Dad’s collection of tools. The garage looks extremely crowded but I’ve got rid of most of the boxes so there’s a bit of space now. This is the start of a very long road. The next step is to finish the preparation of the workshop but at least I’ve got the tools to do that now! Although of course even with almost every tool, drill bit, laser-level, long-nosed sander and clamp known to man, I still had to go and buy...
Haven’t posted in ages – work on the garage has been very slow. But, lots of stuff just about to happen. I got the other side painted a while back, then managed to get myself a bench. Couldn’t build one until I got one, so in another few months maybe I’ll build my own. Took a lot of work to put up the cross pieces in the back stud wall – not one piece of the stud is square so I had to measure a lot of angles. Made even trickier when your saw isn’t sq...
As promised, MUCH better electrics have been installed! Heaps of powerpoints and in all the right places. Got two overhead sockets right in the middle of the garage which should minimise any trailing cables. I went and bought some more paint so that once the back wall is done I can get straight into the finishing process. I won’t say the end is in sight just yet but it’s definitely getting closer.
Can’t believe how long this took but I finally had some time to finish the lower stud so that I can attach some French cleat rails once the MDF covers the entire section. Progress should be a bit quicker from here – no annoying angles to worry about now!
Yes, a topic close to all our hearts – how to keep our clamps stored efficiently but kept easily accessible. After realising that a previously-useless-seeming space could be used to hang clamps, and looking at many ways to do so, I grabbed some scrap, glued it, cut it, screwed it to more scrap, then screwed the whole lot on the wall. I’ll add some more jutting-out-bits so that the rest of the clamps can be hung on there too.