Unknown Tool

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by FlanelLover posted 07-23-2010 12:16 AM 1387 reads 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Hello, I was in another woodworkers shop the other day, and he had these little metal clamps that would clamp onto a metal ruler so you could draw a straight line on a round object. Does anyone know what they are called or where I could get them.

Thank You

5 comments so far

View ChuckV's profile (online now)


3090 posts in 3429 days

#1 posted 07-23-2010 12:46 AM

Were they trammel points?

-- “Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are.” ― R. Waters

View MedicKen's profile


1610 posts in 3364 days

#2 posted 07-23-2010 12:54 AM

Sounds like trammel points

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their

View Dennisgrosen's profile


10877 posts in 3017 days

#3 posted 07-23-2010 01:06 AM

a straight line on somthing round , sounds weird
I wuold use a sheet of paper and wrap it around and follow the line the paper create


View a1Jim's profile


116900 posts in 3478 days

#4 posted 07-23-2010 01:10 AM


-- Custom furniture

View flyfisherbob2000's profile


81 posts in 2889 days

#5 posted 07-23-2010 02:57 AM

Did the clips look something like this?

Stair framing clips to fit your framing square, available at just about any hardware store

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics