|Workshop by Mark Shymanski||posted 03-28-2008 04:28 PM||3092 reads||1 time favorited||14 comments|
click the marker to see the address
More pictures to come as things develop. I have wood to enclose the ceiling and it is getting warm enough to work in the shop now. You can probably just make out the stack behind all the other stuff. I had a bit of a chance to sort through the winter’s accumulation of stuff and clear the decks a little. Bill (my neighbour) will be moving his appliances to garage sale land soon so I’ll have even more room after they are gone.
- Myriad of mechanics tools (previous jobs had me as a diesel mechanic and heavy equipment operator)
- A Delta 6” jointer
- A Delta 10” compound mitre saw (didn’t know about sliding mitres saws when Jenn and I bought this one, they became available about a year or so after we had already bought this one)
- A Dewalt 733 thickness planer
- A Craftsman 10” table saw (an entry level tool bought to aid renovations to our previous home – it has paid for itself many times over)
- My new! ”Triton Router (Triton 2 1/4 hp 1/2” plunge router)!(bought after searching locally and reading about routers in FWW)
Hand tools LV Ryobi saw 3/8 Hirsch mortising chisel A really great tool, I watched some Gluetube videos to understand a mortising technique, tried it a made a fairly decent first attempt at creating a M/T joint.
You can just see the rabbeting jig sitting on my bench under the window. It is actually bright enough for me to see what I am routing when the sun is shining through the southern exposure window.
-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2