I had mounted my router in the collar on the router table to do a 3/16” deep cut.
I didn’t realize there was not enough of the motor being held by the collar until I turned it on and started making a cut.
The motor while still running, slipped out of the collar and dropped to the concrete floor.
I had a 3/4” straight bit in it and it was dancing around the floor like a cat on steroids.
Within seconds I had visions of it hitting my ankle and cutting my foot off.
Fortunately I shortly had the presence of mind to get to the cord and unplug it.
The only damage, thank goodness, was the loss of the bit. Much easier to replace than my foot.
-- If we learn from our mistakes, I should be a genius!