I read about the super sled on a few sites. They all seemed wonderful, but somewhat complex.
I wondered what a simple one would do for me.
I had a piece of 1/2 inch plywood, some 3/4” wide stock, and a few 2×4’s laying around so I thought I’d see what I could do.
I cut the 3/4” stock to fit in the channels of the table saw so they were just even with the top.
Then, I cut a the plywood 24” x 36”.
I put the strips in the groves and put a bead of glue on them and laid the plywood down and just roughly lined it up with the edge of the table. Let it sit all night and the next morning, the whole assembly slid nicely back and forth. (I’ve got a lot of Johnsons wax on the table).
Then started the saw and raised the blade in the middle of the plywood taking it within a few inches of each end.
After shutting off the saw, I used a carpenters square to align a piece of 1×2 and a 2×4 across both sides. The pictures explain it better.
All the pieces were glued in place and allowed to dry overnight. Then, another piece of 1×2 was glued over the top of the 2×4 and screwed down to give more strength.
After all that, the saw was started up and the cut was made all the way through the sled.
I love using this system. I think it’s safer and provides a simple way to position the stock and move the whole sled rather than trying to move things across the table.
-- If we learn from our mistakes, I should be a genius!