I have 266 hours in the build so far, and the boat weighs 982 lbs.
Since my last update. I have added a coat Epoxied to the inside of the boat and two coats of Rustoleum Marine paint. This wore me out. The epoxy can’t be sprayed so you have to use brushes and rollers. Working on the inside is much harder on the old body, I don’t work well on these old knee replacements.
The next task is to get the foredeck and the gunwales installed. Here I have installed a support at frame Eleven to support the foredeck. I added a little bow to help water to run off.
I am adding supports for the Gunwales and the Inwales. I have installed these so that the Gunwale will be tilted out of the boat forward of the cabin and pilot house the flat in the open area back aft.
Every one of these supports has a compound angle, and everyone is different. There are 22 of them.
The Inwales are installed and a scarf joint is glued up on the boat.
The front wall of the cabin is installed slightly rounded
I was able to route off the excess plywood from the top but had to use a hand saw for the sides.
The top support is rounded both to the front plywood and for the roof plywood.
Next I built the wall between the cabin and pilot house.
Before the roof is installed I ruffed in the cabin Berth and Head. Most of the covers will have hinges installed and the area under the berth will be inclosed will Luan Plywood and used for storage. The berth is 6’ 3” long.
We are going to use a Porta potty for our Head.
Cabin top side supports have been dado-ed into the cabin walls, the center supports will hold a cabin hatch and still need to be dado-ed into the cabin walls.
I will continue working on the cabin and build the pilot house. Still have decks and electrical left to go plus fiber-glassing the cabin, pilot house, foredeck and gunwales. I am shooting for June 1 to be ready to float the boat.
Thanks for looking.
-- John, Suffolk Virgina