The cabinet is in situ! We spent a few hours prepping and mounting the cabinet using four of these superlative products from Whitechapel Ltd: http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/product//274BF4.html
Generally designed for bed construction, they easily have more than enough strength in terms of shear resistance and weight bearing. Amazing things. I recommend them and Whitechapel highly.
So, the cabinet is complete save for the ongoing glass panel work. The world seemed to have gone through some sort of global 1/4” black-backed copper foil crisis the last month, so this has been delayed….
Previous Solidworks simulation:
The lead line texturing was entirely experimental. Our lines were created using two lines of 1/4” foil overlapped on the safe ground edge to create a significant face on the glass. This was cut back and shaped by hand (painstaking) to create more organic movement and constant change in weight. The line was replicated on the back of the glass so as not to make either prominently visible from the other side. Lines were loaded with as much solder as the foil could support and textured using a technique which we figured would work (it did) but had never seen described before. Maybe our first husband and wife trade secret! After black patination, the lines are burnished with steel wool, given a light coat of beeswax and buffed.
I’ll endeavour to post a final closing blog entry and then take this entire piece over to being a “Project” entry.
-- "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"