Over the winter, plans changed again. I decided to put the yet to be purchased dust collector in a separate 8×12’ lean-to off the back of the shop.
Electricity was next. Up until now we had been operating on a 100’ extension cord from the garage which sucked. We decided on 100 amp service. More is better and we didn’t want to be under powered. I had plans for 240 and plenty of 120 outlets. We decided to run it off of the house panel instead of having a separate meter. We needed 240 for the table saw, dust collector and jointer. We also added 3 extra 240 outlets for a welder and some flexibility to move big tools. Twenty 120 outlets are scattered around the shop at 50” off the floor with 7 added to the ceiling for future garage door openers, above the workbench, outfeed table, furnace, and above the back wall workbench. The compressor got a separate circuit.
We trenched from the house to the shop, our electrician installed the box, ran the wiring and waited for me to insulate and drywall, two of my least favorite things. Ugh.