As I mentioned in the last entry I broke the mortising into 3 groups. The big mortises were made using templates and a router. Most of the smaller mortises were ¾” which were made using a ¾” Forstner bit and squaring up the holes with a corner...
|View EarlS's:||home||workshop||projects (27)||blog (8)||reviews (0)||forum topics (3)||buddies (1)||favorites (107)||activity log|
252 posts in 1708 days
Location: Clinton, IA
I'm a chemical engineer by day and a woodworker at night and on the weekends. My favorite styles are Craftsman and Arts & Crafts, especially Stickley and Greene and Greene. I've been doing woodworking for 20 years.
-- Earl "I'm a pessamist - generally that increases the chance that things will turn out better than expected"
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 27 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 8 »
All of the leg pieces have been cut to length and marked for the multitude of mortises and tenons. Before I get into the details of what I did, I wanted to talk about options for cutting mortises and tenons. I spent a lot of time researching s...
I was doing some cleaning up and general maintenance around the shop when I realized that most of my big power tools are a lot older than I realized. For example my 5 HP Delta table saw is 10 years old. My jointer is about 15 years old, so is the...
It’s been a few more days than usual since I spent any meaningful time working on the desk. Weather has been hot and humid so time in the shop is more like a sauna than a woodshop. A single fan wasn’t keeping me cool and the humidity was wreakin...
I don’t have any 8/4 or 12/4 to make the legs and side aprons. Online 12/4 X36 square blanks are very expensive ($40 on Rockler) plus most of them are glued up. So I decided to make them from existing 6/4 and 4/4 stock. When the changes w...