Well, I’m finished!!! It’s been a long road to get this to completion but primarily because I could only pick and poke at it an hour here and there after my girls went to bed and on the weekends when myself of my wife were not carting them around. Probably could have knocked this out in 1 week if I worked at it from 8-5 every day but hey, that’s the life of a hobby woodworker.
here is the bar dry fitted together and in my shop. I completely forgot to get pics of the drawer and doors that I made preassembly but hey, I was getting really excited about putting it all together.
Delivery day came and the customer stopped by to pick it up – he has a truck, I don’t – not yet :-)
Here is the bar in the basement before installation. Since the customer had decided he would finish this himself, it was delivered in the ‘raw’:
And here is the finished product after a few coats of American Chestnut.
The customer is quite happy with it and it’s now given me two more orders for the same style from two other couples.
Thanks for following through this blog. As usual, any questions and comments are more than welcomed!