Well after reading a few posts on bar mouldings and how to cut them on the table saw using cove cutting techniques I gave it a shot. I had done something similar to this for my last bar build but I had used two pieces for the cove – one for the cove itself and the other for the front edge or lip. It looked ok but not what I wanted.
So here is the profile I wanted and this was what I decided to commit with. In the end (wait for the finished pics!!!) it turned our really nice. To me, if the moulding looks nice, it gives a great finished look to the bar.
Next blog entry will be the dry fit in my shop and the one after that will be the finished product installed on site. Stay tuned and thanks for looking!