Overview All of the sewing is done and I included brushing straps on the flip blind doors to insert brushing material. I planned to use zip ties on the mesh panels at the bow and stern and on the dog blind. The original plan was to use Avery ...
|View DustyMark's:||home||workshop||projects (61)||blog (66)||reviews (2)||forum topics (7)||buddies (2)||favorites (2)||activity log|
335 posts in 1230 days
Retired military pilot. Started woodworking in about 1975 in junior high shop class and haven't stopped since! I've built most of the furniture in my house, three kayaks, and a small ski boat.
-- Mark, Minnesota
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 61 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 66 »
Overview I’ve only sewn for a week now and getting this dog blind right was quite the challenge for a rookie like me. However, I eventually prevailed! My goal was to establish a good profile that would hold even after adding the Avery K...
Overview The only portion of the boat remaining to be covered is the dog blind area in the stern of the cockpit. Copper is pretty small, so I didn’t leave him a whole lot of room to “nest.” The height is just enough for my h...
Overview The entire boat will be covered in Avery Killer Weed blind grass. The flip blind doors accommodate attachment via the brushing straps. I chose a heavy duty mesh material for the bow and stern of the boat. Small zip ties easily push ...
Overview With all the framework complete for the flip blind doors, it was time to sew Cordura nylon to the frames. I made the plunge and bought a heavy duty sewing machine that I’d considered for many years. This is the Sailrite U...