I was always fustrated when I went into a music store. All they ever had were the metal ones with the foam neck and body supports. I never liked those. So—I deceided to come up with a stand of my own design.
I actually started about 5 months ago working on the design, but always got side-tracked by other projects. I kept working and re-working the design, and went through plenty of scrap plywood, trying this and that, getting the right angle for the neck rest and body supports. Figuring out the degree of lean-back took awhile, too. I knew I had to figure the degrees and angles for them to work right. So after much trial and error(more errors than trial and more errors), this is the finished products. But I still think I can improve on them. Mostly how to attach the shaft to the base. If you notice I used a bolt and nut to attach the two parts, so I know that can be improved somehow. So I”ll keep trying till I get it right. Oh, and by the way—the reason I don’t like the metal and foam stands—- the foam has something in it that is harmful to the nitrocelliouse finish on instruments, especially old vintage instruments like mine. This is my first blog, so I hope the pixs come through.
If anyone has any sugesstions on how to improve over the nut and bolt, please let me know. Thanks.
-- " Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night..."