LumberJocks

shop re start the new RMR

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by DsRMR updated 04-13-2017 08:58 AM 4 parts 2989 reads 4 comments total

Part 1: primary tool acqusation

01-28-2017 03:32 PM by DsRMR | 3 comments »

last summer i ran across a Rockwell cabinet saw at a yard sale and took it home for only 100.00 it needed a fence but those are always available. the job i had kept me pretty busy but i am a habitat for humanity junkie and drop in there regularly. the last 2 months i have added a craftsman contractors saw with exact-i-rip fence, a craftsman 6 1/2” joiner, craftsman 10” bench top band saw, a no name bench top shabby but usable for now drill press and Tuesday i’ll pick up pre....

Read this entry »


Part 2: a little progress

02-02-2017 04:10 AM by DsRMR | 1 comment »

So wish summer would come back so i could work out there without my fingers freezing. a wood stove would be sweet but…. no job means no money for luxuries. Been trying to get the cross-cut sled done for the new tablesaw. but climbing over things to find or gather what i need is frustrating as hell. http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag132/dgiacchino69/new%20shop/DSCN5708.jpg I’m in dire need of some exterior sheeting to close off the other 2/3 s of this pole barn then i would ...

Read this entry »


Part 3: hesitant progress

02-26-2017 10:10 AM by DsRMR | 0 comments »

well a little progress has been made unfortunately i’m hesitant to do too much because i may lose the place with the recent employment termination and lack of resources in new state. <div></div> But anyway i was going to move my 4×8 work bench in as a alt. out-feed table, but instead i added on a 18”x40” removable leaf for now. I did get the base and stationary fence done on my cross cut sled, next is assembling the adjustable miter fence and attaching it. got...

Read this entry »


Part 4: stop water penetration and band saw breakdown

04-13-2017 08:58 AM by DsRMR | 0 comments »

Hello again it’s been slow going in the shop still been darn cold out plus had some water control to get under control. This was the result of poor workmanship of the pole barn that is my shop atm. The perimeter of the buildings ground work was above the bottom of the cur-agate siding, with nothing sealing the outside moisture out. I dug down about 4 inches below the siding, pulled the lower row of screws out and layed 6 mil plastic down tucking it under the siding then replaced the sc...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com