I was able to finish up the dust seperator and test it this afternoon. I still have to work out the final conections to the shop vac – hence the blue taped connection!! But I think I wil turn down the end of one of the reducers to see if I can make a direct connection. Previously I had pictured different adaptors – the type designed for a dust collection system but I decided to use different connctors because it make the mounting easier and the air flow through the top better.
The first test didn’t go so well – but then I figured out that I had connected the hoses backwards. Just a little to excited to test it out I guess!
This is the way my shop vac appeared before my test. The filter is clearly full of dust and wood particles.
After dumping the contents out on the garage floor I vacuumed it all back up again.
The little bit of dust in the bottom was left over from before I emptied it out – so success!!
-- - It's not worth doing if your not willing to do your best.