Bathroom Vanity #2: Face Frame, Door and Drawer Fronts Completed

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Drifter posted 07-10-2012 06:14 AM 2781 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 1: Plan and Started Building Part 2 of Bathroom Vanity series Part 3: Completed cabinet and one drawer box »

I was able to finish up the rest of the fronts this evening after a minor setback. I had one stile that was cut a little tight so I intended to widen it a little. After carefully setting the blade height and the micro adjustment on my table saw fence I removed a little material from the inside of the stile. What I discovered shortly after that was that I had failed to lock down the fence after getting it into position. Needless to say, the cutout was then really loose – leaving the panel sloppy. I really did not want one piece really loose on the door so I cut another one and rebuilt the door frame. Here is the picture of the completed set – including the door with the new part.

As you can see from this next picture I inserted a small piece of material at the ends of the slots to make the process easier. Because the end product is going to be painted (as must as I dislike the idea) I did not use a full mortise and tenon joint – just gave the appearance of doing so.

I have to start on the cabinet and drawers next so I will keep you posted. The plan is to complete the box first so that any minor adjustments that are required for fit, can be made to the drawers before I begin cutting the parts.

-- - It's not worth doing if your not willing to do your best.

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics