I ended up discarding one piece of the top as too rough to deal with. So I’ve got 19 pieces glued up, at a width of 28 1/4”. I think that will work very well.
My first glue up (of any size!) and I think I did ok. Did it piecemeal, adding a board or two every 30 mins or so. Just got the final pieces on, and I am going to leave it clamped over night to cure.
This is my first time ever using pipe clamps. Holy cow do those things exert some pressure!! I didn’t use them until the final clamp, and they were squeezing glue out of joints that were a couple hours old. I’d hate to be the wood in those clamps, ouch.
Hard to see in the photos, but I’m sure I have height differences of up to 1/2” or so :(
I have a feeling I’ll be doing more sharpening on my plane blades than actual work on the top!
-- A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!