So I finished the assembly after pre-finishing everything. used West Systems Marine epoxy, I’m pretty sure it’s not coming apart.
Finish is shellac.
I ran into a DOH moment when I tried to install the matress platform. The rail extensions actually made it so tight that I couldn’t get a hex screw in. Even with the crib all apart the screws just wouldn’t fit. So I went to Home Depot looking for inspiration and a get my butt out of a bind part. Found Cafe Door pivot hinges that just so happen to have a 90Deg bracket with a nice hole and rounded ends…
Turns out the holes were too far out and I had to recess the bracket ~5/16” to get them to line up.
I used press in threaded inserts as the threaded inserts always seem to pull material up and leave a sharp edge that needs leveling and then finishing, since I have pre-finished this I opted for the press in inserts.
Overall I think the crib came out ok, I of course see all my mistakes or areas I wish I could do over, but that’s the curse of being the craftsman I suppose.
-- "Do it right the first time, you'll just kick yourself later..."