So I finished the assembly after pre-finishing everything. used West Systems Marine epoxy, I’m pretty sure it’s not coming apart. Finish is shellac. I ran into a DOH moment when I tried to install the matress platform. The rail e...
|View Ivan 's:||home||workshop||projects (56)||blog (8)||reviews (0)||forum topics (25)||buddies (2)||favorites (205)||activity log|
170 posts in 2031 days
Location: New Milford, CT
Project Engineer / Project Manager with an affection for hand made goods.
-- "Do it right the first time, you'll just kick yourself later..."
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 56 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 8 »
I’ve been able to fit all the tenons (104 of them) into their respective mortises. Most are rounded over from the router only the mortises on the back upper arch are square from the hollow chisel mortiser (since I couldn’t get the 2...
I was able to get the mortises cut last night. I also made a jig for cutting the mortises on the lower back rail using the router since the bottom is not flat and while I have a brace built, this seems easier and gives a cleaner mortise. Here ...
I was able to get my templates finished and ran the arch over the top of the back cut, note to self: use a spiral cut bit next time. Luckily I had given myself an extra 1/8” and will be able to plane down the chips and tearout. Here is a ...