After an enjoyable weekend of work, I was able to get the basic carcase of my mantle clock. I did all the joinery (rabbit joints) with my router table. Simple chamfers decorate the edges of the top and bottom caps as well as provide a shadow line (to hide any slight imperfections) at the top and bottom of the carcase where it is joined to the top and bottom caps. I used a card scraper for the first time on this project for surface prep and I love it. After a good scraping, I was able to start sanding at 220 grit and then 320 grit.
The project is currently in the finishing process…more pics of the finished project with the clock works installed to come soon.
-- Josh....in Nashville, TN