|Workshop by DrGang||posted 483 days ago||323 reads||0 times favorited||0 comments|
I work in a 15m² wooden garden shed.
Being short on space I have to make do without some basic workshop equipment and had to be inventive to fit a pillar drill and a scrollsaw on the same footprint with a flip top stand.
I have a mixture of quality handtools and power tools and would rather wait and save than buy cheap tools.
Tool highlights :
- Festool OF1400 router (fantastic machine)
- Festool OF1010 router
- Mafell AD160 portable planer thicknesser
- Collection of japanese chisels and slicks
- Excellent Stanley N°7 handplane with Hock blade and chipbreaker
- Assortment of japanese saws
I made my own workbench out of 2×4s of redwood. Not the most appropriate timber but it’s cheap, easy to work with and I won’t have to think twice when I can afford a hardwood bench.
My router table is also homemade (that is the least you can expect from someone who claims to be into woodworking I guess) and I’m in the process of improving it now with a better fence, later with t tracks, featherboards and mitre gauges.