We have a MeetUp Group for WOODWORKERS in NE Ohio. This is a group for Ladies and Men… and for anyone interested in Woodworking.
We have a SketchUp Class for Woodworking scheduled for this coming Saturday, March 19th 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM at the new state-of-the-art Akron-Summit County Public Library. Sketchup has been installed on all PCs… so you do not need to bring a PC or tablet (bring a USB Drive to take home some work).
Tentative and Loose Class Schedule:
2:00 PM – Intro – First… I will assess the SketchUp level of the members… and teach accordingly… and start with basics and some tricks that you will not see in tutorials. We will go over storing woodworking parts in a library so that every project doesn’t need to be drawn from scratch.
2:30 PM – SketchUp for Woodworking Projects and for Woodworking Shop Design
3:00 PM – SketchUp – Sawdust Collection Enclosure for Stationary Power Tools. I’ll make a YouTube video of this as I’ve developed a revolutionary and universal design methodology for these enclosures.
3:50 PM – Wrap-up and discussion of future YouTube-like Woodworking Shop Tours (mine and yours).
After class… those who are interested can go grab a beer. There’s a variety of brew pubs downtown within walking distance.
There are only 3 spots left as on now – March 13 afternoon…!!!!
We will also be having YouTube-like Shop Tours of our members, swap meets for trading stuff that you no longer use or want to donate to beginners, and social gatherings.
We will have many more activities as the membership grows… including the following:
• Promoting the ART of WOODWORKING
• Building or Expanding or Updating a Woodworking Shop
• Designing Woodworking Projects – by yourself to share – or to get Expert Opinions from others
• Designing Low-Cost Woodworking Projects for newcomers with minimal investment in tools (so that they can con their spouses into thinking that Woodworking is an inexpensive hobby)
• Acquiring Woodworking Machines, Power Tools and Hand Tools
• Designing or Updating a Sawdust Collection System
• Pooling Resources to Buy Materials ( maybe sharing the cost of a rental truck )
• Woodworking (YouTube-like) Shop Tours, at our members Woodworking Shops (and maybe Professional Cabinet Shops to see new technology).
• Collaborating Ideas and Projects
• Hold Woodworking Training Classes where experts share expertise with beginners
• SketchUp classes for new members as the membership grows
All skills levels are welcome… from Beginners… to Home Hobbyists… to Pros who make a living from Woodworking. We started this group to meet other Woodworking enthusiasts and explore the world of Hand Made products from Wood. We will also have Social Only meetings… probably over a Micro Brew and Dinner… to discuss all things wood and sawdust… and maybe social gatherings with other local MeetUp Groups.
For details – see: http://www.meetup.com/NE-Ohio-Woodworking-Meetup/
-- Drew - NE Ohio