Not a whole lot to show for progrees since the last posting, but I have two functional chores completed toward my goal.
When I constructed my Thein chip separator I had a difficult time, and therefore extended time in cutting the plywood circles. Used my Makita Saber Saw, and then figured out/tuned up my Band Saw with help from some knowledgeable Lumberjocks. My thanks ( again!) for the guidance.
Realized I could cur faster with a circle cutter, and used my sheet metal circle cutter. As I mentioned I cut one hole which dulled the bit. Resorted back to my saber saw.
Marc Adams of the Marc Adams Woodworking School did a two day workshop for the MN Woodworkers Guild. I purchased his set of instructional DVD’s and learned a bunch. Remembered the Router DVD. It has Router Jigs. Replayed it, took some notes, and bought some 1/4 inch acrylic from my local window repair guy.
The jig is et up with 1/2 inch increments starting FROM A 4” RADIUS THROUGH A 16” RADIUS.
Used my drill press, band saw, and stationary sander. This slow poke took a day with careful attention so I didn’t have to cut and drill a second time. LOL!
I had mentioned that I have yet to put wheels on the chip separator. That actually went well. Used one fixed wheel and two multidirectional wheels with locks.
I had originally build a garden shed for my snow blowers, lawn mowers, and I had intended to put the dust collector in the building which is about 4 ft from my shop. Realized my Delta is only 1200 cfm, and I had purchase flex 4” with blast gates. This was before I knew how much dust collectors really need to suck.
Went with my original plan and put it in the Garden Shed. I’m in the process of figuring out the connection between the two buildings.
-- Cau Haus Designs, Thomas J. Tieffenbacher