Whew, it’s Monday evening and I’m still one tired puppy… But we got ‘er done. About 90% of the major construction (hanging the ceiling and walls) is done and I can move ahead on taping/mudding and painting.
Here’s my buddy Joel ‘supervising’ as we get started. (Actually Joel was really helpful. He, along with Ralph came over earlier in the week and helped with final preps. He also operated the drywall jack all day Saturday.)
Matt, trimming one of the drywall ceiling panels, while Ralph and Eric look on.
Matt measures for the cut out for the circuit breaker box.
Matt and Ralph making a cutout in one of the wall panels.
When thing are going on in my shop, I’m the one taking photographs… so it looks like I’m doing none of the work. :0 Here I am driving one the hundreds of screws I drove into drywall and OSB over the course of the weekend.
In one of my previous shop picture series, there were complaints that the place was too clean – no sawdust! For y’all here is just a fraction of the drywall and OSB dust we created over the weekend.
Here’s a picture of the south side nearly completed. I’ve got to pick up some expanding foam to seal a gap over the door frame, and then I can fit the missing panel into place. The big screwup was ordering 8” OSB to cover walls that were 8”4’ tall! So I’ve got to cut a ton of trim pieces to close the gaps.
This how the south side looked before we started – no insulation, no walls, no ceiling. When all is said and done, a vast improvement.
The general idea is to finish out the work on the south side, then move what’s currently stored on the north side to the south and then finish the north.
-- Derek, Bremerton WA --