Spent the weekend working in the shop starting the clean up and rearranging that needs to be done before remodeling/upgrading can start in earnest.
- Cleaned out the storage room, moving a bunch of stuff meant to be in the house into the house. Mostly they are currently clogging the foyer, but theoretically this will make us actually make a final decision as to where they are supposed to end up.
- Encouraged She Who Buys Me Tools to make a decision as to what stays, and what goes, and miracle of miracles she did so except for one item. She also accepted without debate that she may not be able to park in the garage that is also my shop for the rest of the winter. (A major concession on her part, as one of the things that we bought this house for was so she could park indoors during the winter – long before I got into woodworking.)
- Compacted the storage structure in the storeroom, stacking filled containers to full height where they were only one layer deep and nesting the unused containers.
- Loaded a bunch of cardboard that had accumulated in the garage into the van, I’ll be running this to the recycle station later today.
- Moved most of my wood into the storage room.
- Started sorting the stuff that will just being going away (to charity or to the dump) and stacking it together so that when I can borrow a truck I’m ready to go.
- Finalized the electrical plan (I.E. wish list) so I can start getting bids.
All in all, a very productive weekend. I have to stay focused and keep the momentum up though. I have projects with hard deadlines in June and July, and most of my friends schedules are fixed already through September. If I don’t hit my target weekend, it’ll likely be another year before it’ll get done.
-- Derek, Bremerton WA --