[Above] I used an actual bracket assembly to locate the holes in the spine segments. These allow a bolt to keep the tables from falling out from the spine. [Below] The larger table showing the rear cut out and the pine edging. I chamfered the bottom edge of both tables to give them a lighter, tray-like appearance.
[Below] A few coats of spray lacquer is all that’s needed. I decided not to go to the trouble of staining this project. The birch plywood looks nice against the pine edges. Below that the brackets have been painted an almond color. They will sort of match the existing office furniture in their new home.
[Below] Now the brackets are screwed to the underside of both tables.
[Below] And here’s the test hang. I hope it makes things pretty clear. I should be installing this later this week.
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!