[Above] Here’s the fix for the bracket size problem. There’s so much glue surface on it that I’m confident it would hold. But… [Below] When I put it on the spine, I discovered that I hadn’t thought far enough ahead in my fix. The side pieces are not long enough to cover the spine segment completely. To be exact, they are 3/4 inches too short=the thickness of a spine segment. :(
[Below] So I’ll dig out that scrap piece of very similar plywood and remake the brackets the right way from scratch. Only problem is that I’m currently having a long talk with my band saw. (Maybe I should break out the scroll saw instead.)
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!