[Above] I decided I should make the brackets next since they need to hold the tables to the spine (Confused yet?) So I taped the two sides together and cut them on the band saw. If you saw my recent tip you’ll know why they ended up a little more free-form than I planned. [Below] Then I sanded them to uniformity on the drill press. There are two sets, one longer than the other.
[Below] After breaking the bracket sets apart, I cut a dado in them to add some strength. First I tried doing the dado on the router table and then I did it on the table saw. The Router table idea was not viable. On the table saw however, I misjudged and made the dado 1/8 inch wider than I needed.
[Below] Thinking I could fix it, I used cofee stiring sticks as shims to save the pieces and I glued them up. Then I went out for a bit.
BUT, while I was on the road, I realized that I made the spacer between the brackets too short! When I returned, I tried getting things apart, but it was too late. I have a piece of good plywood of the same type and thickness, so I’m going to just remake the brackets from that. Hopefully I won’t have any more errors with them.
[Fun Fact: ‘Oops!’ in Esperanto is ’Fuŝ!’]
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!