I’ve set out to build a desk that I saw online. In this case much of the work has been done for me because the website where the desk is sold actually lists the dimensions of the parts. That said, I’m making a few small changes. I’m not revealing my target until it’s done, so stick around to see where we end up.
[Below] It’s just possible that this project could be made from a quarter sheet of plywood. I’m not sure yet, plus I’ve already violated that rule.
[Below] After cutting out the main parts, I glued up the ‘spine’. This is 3 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood. I used about every smallish clamp I have. It may have been overkill, but it was fun.
[Below] The prototype on the internet has plain plywood edges, but I’m gluing on pine strips to hide that. After this dried for about 1/2 hour, I removed the clamps and cleaned up the glue squeeze out. I’m trying to avoid major sanding since I’m dealing with plywood.
[Below] Here I’ve unclamped the spine and cleaned it up. Even though I’m using ‘good’ plywood, I found a few voids, so I’m filling them with glue and saw dust.
Tune in next time. Same Bat Channel!
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!