And the rest…
[Below] One of the chairs (only one!) had back legs that curved slightly inward. This prevented it from stacking on top of the other chairs. I made a spacer and wet the legs to try and curve them outwards. It worked! Here I am repeating the process, adding a washer at the end of the spacer stick to try and open it up a bit more.
[Below] The other 5 remaining chairs having been sanded and ready for staining. Somehow the center of gravity is such that 6 chairs stacked like this won’t quite tip over. I’ll recommend to the church that 4 per stack is adequate.
[Below] This is the material I need for my paying job: two 1”x 12”x 8’ one 1/4” luan plywood 24”x 48” and one 1/2” 24”x 48” plywood sheet. That plus glue and a few screws and dowels makes 3 chairs. The order is only for two chairs. I’m holding onto the extra wood once I cut it in case she wants more chairs. Otherwise I’ll build the extra one and give it to the church as well.
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!