[Below] The front legs are put on first because they have that convenient cut out which serves to support the seat frame.
[Below] I’ve drilled and countersunk the holes in these pieces so that once they’re on it’s done.
[Below] Before the glue dries I check that the legs are sitting the same. We’ll presume my table saw top is even.
[Below] The backs legs to not have a mechanical reference for their position so I cut two sticks from the scrap and clamp them to the inside of the legs.
[Below] Once glued, the back legs are clamped into place. Before the glue dries I make sure the chair sits level (doesn’t teeter-totter) and make any minor adjustments with the back leg height.
[Below] After the glue has set about 1/2 hour I bravely set the chair on its side and drill the holes for the screws.
[Below] Lastly I glue and screw the 3 cleats to support the seat.
[Below] And here’s where we’re at now!
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!