This morning I pegged the last 2 seat frames from yesterday and glued up another back piece. Onward!
[Below] I used my official dovetail saw to cut the dowels flush with the side of the wood.
[Below] I’m unsure if it helped, but I put a piece of duct tape on the side of the saw to try and keep the dowels microscopically proud of the surface and protect the wood from saw scratches.
[Below] I was supposed to round over the inside tops of the sides before assembling the frame. Luckily with the miracle of my router table I was able to do the job on the assembled piece.
[Below] The sanding is done with my cheap random orbit sander. I flattened the dowel nubs and the joints where the glue squeezed out.
[Below] This was also a good time to do the initial sanding on the rest of the pieces.
[Below] The last thing before assembling is to drill the holes for the seat cleats. Three cleats, three holes each.
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!