Current Project #24: Repairing the Gilligig

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Dave Rutan posted 05-22-2015 10:51 PM 835 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 23: Chairs and a 2x4 Xylophone Experiment Part 24 of Current Project series Part 25: Two at Once »

The whirligig that I made for my daughter has proved to be a high maintenance toy. It’s my fault really, because I thought I could get away with using normal everyday plywood for the wings. Well, they delaminated and ended up not working, looking very funny and then the brass shaft broke. What you see in the photo is actually the wreckage of the third set of wings I’ve made. This time I’m going to use pressure treated solid lumber for the wings and that should fix that.

PS. Yes, I realize the last post of the current project has not been posted as a finished project. Stuff got in my way, (model railroad show and yard work mainly.) It’s hobby, not a schedule.

-- Ni faru ion el ligno!

1 comment so far

View CharlieK's profile


462 posts in 3212 days

#1 posted 05-23-2015 03:19 PM

It’s a never ending journey. The trick is to enjoy the journey. Have fun, Dave!

-- Adjustable Height Workbench Plans

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics