Just a random blog this time. The cajon I’m working on has chosen which side will be the bottom. When I began rounding over the corners with a 1/2 inch roundover router bit, the grain in the plywood began splitting away from the surface. I caught it in time to minimize it on the rest of that edge, and I managed to eliminate it on the rest of the box. I also made the damage very unnoticeable using some wood colored epoxy that I had. That, plus making that side the bottom will be the fix.
So back when I was building that table for the church, I found myself needing a random orbit sander. Obviously not one to spend a lot of money on a first buy, I grabbed one like the one pictured above at my local Walmart. (Yes, I traded money for it. For that matter, I was so strapped for workshop cash at the time I had to go to the bank and withdraw a bit from my book royalties.) ;-(
Not a review:
The sander has been cool to me so far. I like the way the air blast from the motor scatters the sawdust it creates. The dust bag seems to be mostly useless though. Previous to this I only had an orbital sander and a vibro sander to use (plus the belt sander, but that’s more of a grinder in my view.)
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!