I have never been one to like building a drawer, but this time around, it seems to have worked out just like the plans say it was supposed to work. I did take my time and gave a lot of attention to setting up the table saw to cut the dados exactly how they should have been and that is the key to making the drawer. I did get the depth on one of the dados off a bit and that is where the front/back attach to the sides. It doesn’t effect the rigidity of the drawer, but does show up when you view the drawer from the top.
This project used a locking dado type joint for the drawer. This was my first one of that type and I must say that I really like how it turned out.
The other task today was to get the assembly completed. Next will be to disassemble it (partially) and to finish up the sanding and then get it ready to paint. For now, the pictures show the progress thus far.