I attached a board to be able to hang the guitar body after applying wipe-on poly. I ended up putting on nine coats of poly, sanding after every few coats. (Sorry for the sideways photo)
The next step was to apply the coper shielding. I purchased a shielding kit from Stew Mac.
I ended up soldering the copper foil pieces together, as recommended by various guitar sites. I checked the continuity of the foil before soldering, and all was fine, so I wonder of soldering was necessary, but can’t hurt.
Now for the some fun. The wired pick guard, jack and tremolo went on next. I used some wax on each screw to aid in installing the screws.
One tip: The slots in tremolo cover need to line up with the holes in the tremolo for the strings.
I decided to polish the frets on the Big Lou neck. I first applied painters tape to protect the neck.
I then used my Dremel and jeweler’s rouge to polish the frets.
Nice and shinny frets.