Nothing terribly profound to say here, just working through and learning a lot, in between assorted other projects. I’ve glued the back and the front together, I need to make the seat support so I can glue the front assembly to the back, right now that’s just a test fit. In no particular order:
- Gluing up recurves is harder than I thought it’d be, even with the jig I built to help hold the curve in the backslat. need more clamps.
- I should be less stingy when it comes to saw blade resharpenings, I expect my saw to give me a jointable edge, when it even gets close to not doing that, swap out the blades.
- Need to sand down some Dominos for test fitting, there are a couple in there I put in for test fitting that I had extreme problems getting out.
- I shouldn’t go expecting to be Sam Maloof with 3/4” thick lumber. No matter how you cut it, one axis of curve only looks like one axis of curve.
Hopefully the muse will strike for more entertaining writing with my next entry.
-- Dan Lyke, Petaluma California, http://www.flutterby.net/User:DanLyke