Okay, we probably have all spent more on a project because we miss cut a piece of wood, or changed our mind about the finish and started over.
Well this week I ran into a rather unexpected (though somehow I doubt unique) “cost overrun”.
I damaged my washing machine with various items that I had failed to empty out of my grubby shop pants (an old pair of cargo-pocketed jeans). The washer started making a very nasty grinding noise one night this past week. When I investigated the cause of the noise (which required removing – and thus breaking the connecting tabs – of one of the baffles) I discovered 1×6” steel ruler, 1x stubby pencil, about 4x screws, a couple of nails, etc rolling around between the inner and outer drums and in the sump. The cost came in purchasing a new baffle.
I wonder how many other of my fellow LJs have had other woodworking “cost overruns”.
-- Shameless - Winner of two Stumpy Nubs Awards