So, here is the current status. Doesn’t look like much progress from 2 months ago, but several things have actually taken place:
1. Built homemade belt guard (yes I could have bought one off ebay or from Sears but this was more fun)
2. Installed safety switch and wiring.
3. Added dust bin under the saw using scrap formica material. The design might be original? I was planning on building a “ramp” down to a hose connector, but saw this scrap and thought I would try it. Sealed up with weatherstripping. Happy with it so far.
4. Added trim pieces between saw body and platform.
5. Built all the drawers, and installed them on 100# full extension slides.
6. Applied the drawer fronts and handles.
Recent progress starts about halfway through the album if you want to see more pictures…
Photobucket Album for Table Saw Project
The last picture in the album shows the color scheme I am thinking about doing. It’s a new twist on the colors my grandfather used on all his tools. Let me know what you think!
-- “I am a soul. I have a body.” Lloyd C. Douglas