If I could issue a BOLO, Be On the Look Out, with the Lincoln Police I’d have him arrested. Mr. Potato Head got into my shop yesterday.
Yeah, he was sick, ears ringing like an air raid siren and sinuses stuffed to 90 PSI. And I suppose he was cranked about trying out a new Porter-Cable 690LR router. But, I am going to have a hell of a hard time finding any forgiveness.
Take a look at this. Gen. Sherman couldn’t have done any better marching through my shop:
1. Crap, you destroyed a carbide router bit and chewed up a guide bushing. Bet that was a thrill.
2. The exact-width dado jig I built last week, you chewed a big a hole in the rail. Why? Just why?
3. Oh NO! Couldn’t leave the the drill press table project alone. Huh? Why would you rout an inch wide dado to inlay T-track? Ever seen T-track mounted that proud, Bucko?
4. Shoot me, not the drawer front for the drill press table. So you found a way to slide it under the guide bearing on the router table. An undulating round over? Very artistic. That’ll work. And ya nailed both ends. It was gonna turn out better? One wasn’t enuf for you there, Snappy?
5. God, what a mess, long-chain attention-deficit disorder. You got this out to fix that, but then went over there and got those out to start doing that. Did ya have to do that 15 times? Really, you couldn’t finish anything and put one ^(%$ thing back?
BOLO! Lock your doors! Mr. Potato Head might be in the area of your shop and fit your exact description.
-- DJ Peck, Lincoln Nebraska. Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.