I haven’t really been able to do much in the shop since my 4th of July table build with my in-laws. I got some time to make some improvements over the last week or so and made some good progress. My first project was to get a good outfeed table. I cobbled together a frame out of some 2×4s with simple glue and screw construction. I took an old solid core door and cut it down for the top, edge banded in pine with some left over stain thrown on. I also put on a replaceable hardboard top. I made the side of the table that touches the TS have a considerable overhang so that my dust collection hose from my TS doesn’t get pinched. Now I’ve got a nice sized outfeed/assembly table. I also keep my Ridgid OSS and my Delta disc/belt sanders underneath. When I need them they get clamped to the table.
My next little project was to add a vice to my existing mobile work bench. I’ve had the vice for about a year and I just kept putting off installing it. I re-did the top of the workbench with my typical set up: old solid core door with replaceable hardboard top, wrapped in cherry cause it’s what I had. Finish is three coats of a boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits mix.
With the vice and dog holes I can now easily hold all kinds of workpieces. It’s already made routing, sanding, and planing a lot easier. I’m not sure how I ever did anything without it! I’m going to drill a few more dog holes and get a bench pup from Lee Valley. That should just about do it.
I also made a tool board with french cleats for over my bench and a table saw accessory cart. I’ll post those soon.
Thanks for looking.
-- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.