I had taken the weekend off from the boards to regain my brain power for another week at work and time in the shop. I was wishful that the sawdust ferry had solved some of the problems with the cupping of the board but no luck. I took the boards to my somewhat trusty belt sander with 80 grit and began to bring down the cups and smooth out the glued up edges. I was concerned with the sander because it gouged that last boards I did and it took a considerable amount of time to fix them. I then progressed with 100, then on to 120 and from there it was all done buy hand to gain better control of the sanding.
I could have done something a little more spectacular with the cherry border but I wanted to create a mission style look to the board. It’s simple but I think when I add the green stain for the squares it’ll look good. I looking forward to using the Danish oil from Tried and True. I used it on a sample piece and it looks great.
-- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin